Ontario Trillium Benefit
Eligibility for the 2022 benefit year (July 2022 – June 2023)
To qualify, you must be a resident of Ontario on December 31, 2021, and at least one of the following at some time before June 1, 2023:
· 18 years of age or older
· currently or previously married or in a common-law relationship
· a parent who lives or previously lived with your child
and, in 2021, at least one of the following applied to you:
· you paid property tax for your main residence
· you rented, and your landlord paid property tax for your main residence
· you lived on a reserve and paid for your home energy costs
· you lived in a public long-term care home (e.g., a seniors' home) and paid an amount for your accommodation
Your eligibility also depends on where you live on the 1ST of each month. For example, if you move out of Ontario on November 10, you would be eligible for the November OEPTC payment, but you wouldn't be eligible for any subsequent payment.
You could get a maximum of:
· $1,121 if you are between 18 and 64 years old
· $1,277 if you are over 65 years old
· $249 if you live on a reserve or in a public long-term care home
· $25 for the time you lived in a designated college, university or private school residence in 2021
www.ibtax.ca Disclaimer: The information provided on our website and / or Facebook page is intended to provide general information. This information does not take into account your personal situation and is not intended to be used without consultation from an accountant. iB Accounting & Tax will not be held liable for any problems that arise from the usage of the information provided on ibtax.ca or the Facebook page..
For useful periodic updates and tips, "LIKE" Our page on FACEBOOK or sign up to our newsletter at www.ibtax.ca or call us at (613) 800-9838 for free consultation.